Gynaecological disorders are those disorders that affect the female reproductive system. The organs included in reproductive system are breasts, uterus, fallopian tube, ovaries, and external genitalia.
Every woman suffers from some gynecological disorder at some point in her life. There is a very important impact of gynecological disorders on female’s sexual function. These must not be taken lightly as they can adversely affect the ability of woman to produce children or in some cases may threaten their lives.
Which are the Top Ten Gynecological Disorders in Women?
The most common top ten gynecological disorders will be dealt in brief in this article. They include:
- Dysmenorrhea or painful menstruation
- Amenorrhea or absence of period
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS)
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
- Pain during sex
- Leucorrhea (excess white vaginal discharge)